I need assistance with food, bills, or childcare.

For more information, click on any of the underlined links below.

Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS)

MI Bridges - a streamlined application process for multiple assistance programs: Healthcare coverage, Cash assistance, Food assistance program, Child development care, State emergency relief

  • Apply for benefits here or by calling: 1-844-799-9876

MILogin is the state of Michigan Identity Management solution that allows users the ability to access many state services and systems online, across multiple departments, using a single user ID and password.

For example, if you currently access MDOS eServices (CARS), MDHHS MI Bridges, MDHHS myHealthButton, MiPage, Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM) or Pure Michigan Talent Connect (PMTC) online services and applications, they are all leveraging MILogin accounts. Please use your user ID and password from those systems to log into the MILogin portal, instead of creating a new account.

For more information on the MILogin services, visit www.Michigan.gov/MILogin

Contact your utility or propane supplier to ask what kind of protections, funding, flexible payment options, or energy saving tools and resources are available.

Apply for State Emergency Relief (SER) directly through MI Bridges for bill payment assistance or call 855-275-6424.  You can also get assistance with the applications process by calling 211 to be referred to a Michigan Energy Assistance Program grantee that can help.

Apply for a Home Heating Credit. Visit the Michigan Department of Treasury’s website to see if you qualify. Even though this funding is distributed by the Department of Treasury, you do not need to pay taxes or wait for a tax return to receive this credit, so apply now if you are eligible. 

211  Call 211 or visit the website
For Michigan residents who need help with childcare, mounting bills, a shelter for the night, and more, 2-1-1 offers a one-stop connection to thousands of local agencies and resources that can help—24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  Michigan 2-1-1 is a free service that connects Michigan residents with help and answers from thousands of health and human services agencies and resources right in their communities—quickly, easily, and confidentially.  

Feeding America West Michigan:  Where to Find Food When You Need It
You can use this map to locate one of the partner agencies (red).  You can also find a written schedule of Mobile Food Pantries and other resources for people living in Michigan below the map.
Note: All Mobile Pantries are providing drive-thru service at this time. All attendees should ensure there is space in the back of their vehicle for volunteers to load food.

Northwest Food Coalition Food Pantry and Meal Sites. Antrim, Benzie, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, and Leelanau counties.

Emmet and Charlevoix food pantries and community meals

Grand Traverse County Community Meal Locations (lunch and dinner)

Meet Up and Eat Up: Free Meals for Children 18 and under (up to age 26 if special needs)

Michigan received approval from the U.S. Department of Agriculture Food and Nutrition Service to allow SNAP recipients to redeem their food assistance benefits at Amazon.com and Walmart.com.

Help Me Grow- Michigan  - connects essential workers with available child care resources.