Certified Welder Education
High School Educational Options in Northwestern Michigan:
- Traverse Bay Area Intermediate School District Career Tech Center (Traverse City)
- Programs are available for high school junior and senior students in TBAISD schools.
- CharEm Intermediate School District Career Tech Programs
- Welding Technology (East Jordan High School, Pellston High School)
- Wexford-Missaukee Intermediate School District Career Tech Center
Associates Degree/Certificate Educational Options in Northwestern Michigan:
- Northwestern Community College (Traverse City)
- North Central Community College (Petoskey)
- Welding (AAS)
- West Shore Community College (Ludington)
- Welding (AAAS)
- Baker College
- Welding (C)
Certified Welder Job Description
- Duties are to join surfaces, fabricate, or repair parts of metal or other weldable materials, apply the appropriate welding processes. Perform duties specified by work orders, blueprints, sketches, or charts. Lie out and mark weld points on parts or subassemblies using rule, square, scribe, or templates. Position pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools. Inspect complete work for conformance to specifications. Interact with team members to ensure the highest quality of the production process performs all work with adherence to safety procedures. Meet production deadlines.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, and two or more years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to read a tape measure
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds repetitively