Classroom Aide Education
Traverse Bay Area Intermediate School District Career Tech Center
Both programs are available for junior and senior students in TBAISD school. The Teacher Academy is also available for some schools in the Wexford Missaukee Intermediate School District. If you meet program criteria, you can earn 3 credit hours from Northwestern Michigan College, Ferris University, Grand Valley University or Central Michigan College. You will also gain experience through internships.
Early Childhood Education Program
Teacher Academy Program (11th & 12th grade)
High School Diploma
This can be from any approved high school meeting Michigan or other state criteria.
GED (General Education Diploma)
Michigan Works! Adult Education — You can work to achieve a high school diploma or a GED through classes at learning labs in Cadillac, Kalkaska, Manistee, Petoskey and Traverse City.
Northwest Michigan Community Action Agency
The Early Childhood Program’s purpose is to promote school readiness by enhancing the social and cognitive development of children through the provision of educational, health, nutritional, social, and other services to enrolled children and families.
Classroom Aide Requirements
- $10–12/hr, Part Time Non-Exempt
- High school diploma or GED
Additional Qualifications Required
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to meet the State of Michigan and Federal Bureau of Investigation background check requirements.
- Ability to meet the State of Michigan and federal health requirements (medical clearance, mental wellness, and TB examination).
- Hours Per Week: 24 per week
- Weeks per Year: 33 weeks per year